25/10/2023: Both the iOS 17.1 and WatchOS 10.1 updates have been launched. These updates are expected to address all the known issues that have impacted our golfers, as explained below. Please ensure that you update the Operating Systems of your devices to these latest versions.
17/10/2023: Apple confirmed the resolution of the wrist raise issue in WatchOS 10 (issue 1 below). The fix will be implemented in the upcoming version, iOS 17.1 / WatchOS 10.1.
Dear Hole19 Golfers,
We need to bring your attention to two critical issues that have impacted the Hole19 app after updating your devices to iOS 17 and WatchOS 10. Apple has acknowledged the bugs responsible for these issues in their recent updates and confirmed that fixes will be included in the upcoming OS updates.
To ensure your Hole19 experience remains smooth, we urge you to update to the latest iOS and WatchOS versions, those being iOS 17.1 and WatchOS 10.1.
What was Happening:
1. Hole19 doesn't stay open on the Apple Watch
The app may close on your watch if the watch's GPS is not activated.
2. Hole19 doesn't find location on the Watch
The app may struggle to find location on the watch, affecting features that rely on location data.
1. We recommend updating to the latest Hole19 app version to ensure the Watch GPS is activated by default and the app stays open. Please note that if you switch back to Phone GPS, the issue will return. If the update is not solving the issue for you, kindly select Watch GPS on your watch:
- Start a round on your iPhone;
- Hole19 will automatically start on the watch. Swipe left twice until you're on the scorecard screen on your Apple Watch and tap the Settings cogwheel at the top of the screen;
- Make sure to toggle on Watch GPS.
2. If you face location-related issues, you can reset your location settings on your phone: Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone, tap Reset, then tap Reset Location & Privacy. Please note that you will need to grant permission to your location again for all apps.
We understand the inconvenience this may have caused, and we sincerely apologize for any disruption in your Hole19 experience. Despite these recent updates that should have fixed any potential problem, our team is still closely monitoring the situation. We appreciate your patience and continued support.
Thank you for being a part of the Hole19 community. 💙