Explore New Match Play Formats!
Match play is a game format where players or teams compete hole-by-hole rather than tallying total strokes. The goal is to win individual holes by completing them in fewer strokes than opponents, with the player or team who wins the most holes declared the winner of the match.
HERE'S HOW EACH FORMAT WORKS:
1. Singles: Two individual players compete against each other on a hole-by-hole basis. Each player plays their own ball, aiming to win as many holes as possible, and the objective is to win as many holes as possible during the round.
The player who wins the most holes is the winner of the match.
2. Four-Ball: A team-based format with two players on each team. Each player plays their own ball throughout the round. The team's score on each hole is determined by the best score among the two players.
The objective is to win as many holes as possible, and the team that wins the most holes is the winner of the match.
3. Foursomes: Another team-based format with two players on each team. Unlike four-ball, in this format, teammates take turns hitting the same ball. For example, Player A hits the tee shot, and then Player B hits the second shot, and they continue to alternate until the ball is holed.
The goal remains the same - to win as many holes as possible. The team that prevails on the majority of holes takes the match.
MATCH PLAY HANDICAP
Discover more about Match Play Handicap and learn how to calculate it by clicking here.
CONCEDE A HOLE
During a round, each team has the option to "concede a hole" to their opponents. This means they can voluntarily admit that the other team has won the hole without completing it. To do so, select the 'Concede Hole' option (top right) on the scoring screen.
BUDDY: ADD ROUND TO YOUR PROFILE
After completing and saving your round, your buddy will receive an email prompting them to 'Add this round to your profile', allowing all of you to track scores on your performance tab.
- A Match Play round cannot be used for handicap purposes or to generate Highlights or Stats.
- Learn more about Multiplayer Game Modes.
- If you have any questions please reach us at email@example.com.